Saturday, September 20, 2008

mad diets

I like the thought for the day today-
Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.
Vince Lombardi

I think I need to spend some time around confident people...

I feel sooo tired today

Today is day 2 of the getting up early and achieving something tangible everyday program. But maybe I need more sleep. Also I started a sort of detox today.

I found a book on Nature Cure for rheumatism and arthritis. My joints have been so painful I would try almost anything. Anyway this is all about a quite rigid fast/diet routine. It starts with 2 days eating nothing but grapes and melon 40z of each 3 times a day and the grapes must be ripe and have their skins on. I am of the opinion that I can cope with almost any diet regime for just 2 days. However this really means nothing else but grapes and melon i.e. nothing to drink not even water. Apparently the food contains enough water of itself but I am sure I need more than 24 oz of water a day... I am already feeling dehydrated and am torn between sticking to the letter of the regime or having lots to drink.

Our billy goat is improving and actually seems to be enjoying the attention. Which reminds me that I meant to update on Ron the premature alpaca. He is coming on in leaps and bounds (literally) and is no longer a house alpaca but is living in the field and learning to forget he was ever nearly a human being... A good excuse for a gratuitous animal photo.

P8043611

I had a bit of a reality check in the UK and one of the things I realised was that 30 odd UFOs was downright stupid. Especially as by the time some of them are finished I wont like them any more. So some ruthless frogging is in order.

I did finish Rogue in the UK but didn't have my camera with me. It was too small before blocking but I left it drying after blocking and I hope it will now fit. Maybe Caroline will send me a photo or two when she gets to try it on. Fingers crossed it fits this time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

I am so giggling at the thought of a "house alpaca"! What most of my friends wouldn't give for something like THAT, I tell ya!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

I've nominated you for a blog award Maylin check my blog:)

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home