Monday, August 11, 2008

Warm Hands and Feet

I have done a bit on my Olympic UFO. I have completed the pattern bit on the second sleeve of Rogue and cast on for the body and started the hem facing. I need to finish the Maalbrigo things before Friday though so I will be concentrating on them. Not necessarily a bad thing as I am waiting on some new Addi Turbos which will speed up the body (or at least make the knitting easier).

I finished the Irish Hiking Wristwarmers. If I did these again I would knit on DPN's and avoid the seaming but alot of people I know prefer knitting straight so it is good to have a sample of what can be done. The seam hardly shows with mattress stitch anyway.

Photobucket

I have been doing a lot of felting lately. Using felt I make from recycled things, which I then embroider and embellish.
The other day my much loved felt slippers literally fell of my feet. Here they are before I binned them.


Photobucket

So I decided to make myself a new pair. Stitching the thick felt by hand was quite strenuous but I m pleased by the result.

Photobucket

I am sure they will get bigger with wear but I could always stick them in the washing machine again to shrink them a bit.
Here are some of the bags I have made too. I think I will try needle cases next.




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

you have been busy:) love the slippers and the first bag especially
Needle cases would be great idea. I'd be your first customer for the harmonys.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm very impressed by your slippers and bags !! :-P

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home