Sunday, November 25, 2007

Arghhhhh!!!!

IT's a conspiracy. IT must be.

I am referring of course to knitting for Christmas. I have a niece and nephew who would like Hogwarts jumpers for Christmas (Gryffindor and Slytherin). You would not blieve the contortions I have been through to get school grey wool that was washable and not 100% acrylic. Of course now grey is fashionable pretty soon there will be loads of grey yarns around. I ended up bidding for lots on ebay first getting what I thought was 500g of school grey which turned out to be 10 oz - quite a difference. (That'll learn me to read the auction properly). I finally won 500g of school grey superwash wool and started n the Gryfindor. I knitted the body in the round to the armholes then split and started knitting the back. This morning I reached in to the bag for a new ball to finish the back and realised I was picking up ball 7 of 10.

Arghhh! Even in my most optimistic frame of mind I know that I will not have enough to finish!!! Somehow a sleeveless vest isn't quite the same. I need to go and bury my head somewhere.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you make the sleeves in a contrasting colour and use te grey for the cuffs to co ordinate?

12:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh bugger! ;)

Jannette's rare yarns, an ebay shop has discontinued Jaeger in grey at a fab price.

Stripes in the house colour might work....

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home