Sunday, October 07, 2007

And we have a Winner!

Well actually two. We will come to that in a minute. Gratuitous kitten photo first. I am feeding a friends cats down the road while she is visiting her son in Denmark. She asked me to also keep a lookout for a wild kitten she had seen around her barns. Is she going to get a surprise when she gets back!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

They are so adorable but so many stray kittens appear here because they don't have a culture of neutering. This will make 7 abandoned kittens that she has found in her barn in the last 2 years. It becomes impossible to find homes for them. Who knows what their destiny will be.

Gratuitous flower picture now. The sunflowers are only just blooming now - those that escaped the slugs.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well on to the competition. Thank you all for the really useful feedback I will go through all the points in my next post and start implementing them straight away. When I have done that, say by Halloween, I will run another competition so come back and visit again.

I tried to pursuade Fish to get off his paws and pick a couple of numbers but he was quite comfortable and didn't see why he should. So I asked Keith and a visiting friend to make the draw.

The winners are Yvette who will be receiving the roving and Alice who will be getting the lace yarn. Email me please at maylinDOTtanATtiscaliDOTfr so that I can get on to that. I will visit everyones blog who commented during the week too.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited, I can't believe it! Thanks so much for holding this contest!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Congrats girls! Loved the photos....nice sunflowers. Dreary fall rain and wind woday made me pick the rest of the green tomatoes as it is going to freeze soon. But the squash i baked with dinner was so deliciously fall!

5:16 AM  
Blogger Papillon girl said...

what cute kittens - but then they always are aren't they? What a gorgeous sunflower picture. Sort of gratuity I like :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Our sunflowers have only just bloomed too.
Yes we have an army of stray cats living in the woods. The French don't seem to mind it.

9:06 PM  
Blogger yvette said...

I am very excited to have won some roving, thank you very much.
Those kittens are so cute, we are currently a cat-free household and it kinda sucks.

8:32 AM  
Blogger R a i n said...

Oh dear...those kittens are so cute!

Congrats to the lucky winners as well =)

3:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

On the knitting time question, I would say about 14 hours of slow knitting will take place, some swearing (possibly) and some red wine (probably) :)

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We live in Normandy, and took in a stray kitten on Sunday. Apparently the mother cat turned up and had a litter (of just 2, fortunately) a few days later.
He will be doctored(!) as soon as possible.
Hopefully, we will have decided on a name before that happens!

11:52 PM  
Blogger yvette said...

Maylin, my fibre is gorgeous and the colours are wonderful, next fibre money I have I will be stopping by your shop. Keep up the good work, thanks again

3:57 PM  
Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

Just dropped in to say Hi! I read your comment on Woollywormhead's blog. There's definitely a link between knitting and depression. Maybe people who get depressed are generally crafty people?

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home