Sunday, July 01, 2007

Back now

Well I finally finished the Bristol City fingerless gloves for Conrad (not that he will be going to a match for a while). I sent them off with the bag I knitted for his partner , Caroline, and they got them earlier in the week. When I spoke to him he said Caroline loved the bag but he found the gloves 'scary'! Here I was thinking that handknits were all trendy again - well obviously not for some young men.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It reminds me of being at school when everyone had a commercially knit yellow jumper for hockey (now that is a vicious game) and my mum hand knit me one. I was mortified. I guess from some points of view it looks terribly old fashioned. I am relieved though that he is able to tell me without any beating about the bush. How many times have you bought some luscious yarn, picked what you thought was the perfect pattern, invested hours of time in a present for someone special; they thank you, make all the right noises and you never see the item again? Much better to knit for someone who will really want your gift (this probably means knitting for another knitter). Still even better would be if they gave you clues for next time like "that's nice but I would really love a ...". Trying to think up the right thing is the hardest. Still he appreciated the card I sent with it...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I hope Caroline wasn't just being polite.

I didn't get anywhere near finishing the sheep glove puppet for my SP so I made a knitting needle case instead. I love it. It was hard to part with it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I used a cat fabric as my SP (who I want to reveal but it doesn't seem right until her parcel arrives) has just become a mum to two gorgeous cats.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also dyed her up some sock wool as she is into fuschia and orange at the moment. This is 100% Blue Faced Leicester and so soft.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I decided to make a needle case for my dpns as I keep losing them. Even the cats love it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

ylin:) I love the yarn especially.
Your final SP parcel will be in tomorrows mail, I wanted to add a little something from Woolfest:)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

oops it cut off the Ma:)

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have you know that sock yarn is the best stuff ever! Thank you!!! I'm in such a quandry as to what to do with it -- something that will really draw out the colours without losing them. I may even just do some long ribby socks, or another pair of Nancy Bush's Dalarna's...

I was completely overwhelmed with how generous you've been -- through out to be sure, but this last one is AMAZING! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have made this entire experience marvellous. xxx

10:52 PM  
Blogger Papillon girl said...

I love the card. Made me laugh and laugh and think of the knitted swimming trunks in the film The Hairdresser's Husband

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home