Monday, July 16, 2007

Super Fast Post

Luckily I unplugged everything yesterday evening as we had the mother of all storms last night and lost elecricity so the modem wouldn't have stood a chance. I have logged on brieflyto pick up email but must get off soon as the sky is rumbling and predicted to do so for the rest of the day.

Conrad goes back into hospital for his third session of chemo today which is different in some hitherto unappreciated way. Caroline has finished all her exams and is quietly confident that it all went ok. Since Conrad can no longer worry about Caroline he is left with worrying about Conrad like the rest of us. I think his situation has finally hit him and it has been a salutory experience. Although there is no real reason to know how it will all end for years the results so far are bound to make us feel optimistic. He is of the opinion that although the treatment is gruelling he would just as soon battle ahead and get it over with quickly so in only a few weeks he should have finished treatment and can concentrate on recovering.

On the Tour de France front the uphill stages just about sum up my knitting! I am determined to get this Swallowtail Shawl finished but if it wasn't for the challenge of the knitalong I am not sure I would make it. I finished all the budding lace - not without at least as much tinking as knitting and felt I was on the home stretch having reached the borders. Wrong. I was half way through the Lily of the Valley border and was coping with the nupps (despite not having new pointy lace needles) when I realised that nothing seemed to line up and then I ended the row before I ended the pattern. Arghhhh.

With the yarn I have, dark brown alpaca, and the way it scrunches up I cannot see the pattern as I go along. I stretched everything out and it looks nothing like it should. I am in the middle of tinking back to the beginning (I daren't frog). May be I should put in a lifeline next time. I. Am. Determined. To. Finish. This.

Must unplug now, catch you later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your postcard arrived today. Thank you so very much! I will continue to send out good thoughts your way for Conrad and your entire family.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

You can definitely do it Maylin, we are all rooting for you

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home