Thursday, October 19, 2006

SP9

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I prefer natural fibres, wool, silk, alpaca, soy, bamboo etc but do not have an absolute downer on fancy yarns in small quantities for such things as cuffs on gloves particularly if they are spectacular. I adore multicoloured yarns both bright and muted, Colinette is perhaps my favorite but since I resell it I have plenty. Noro is also wonderful. however I am beginning to value solid colour yarns having realised that having multicoloured everything doesn't suit many people! I have rediscovered lopi yarns which I used to use alot and have started using Debbie bliss Cashmerino and Lambs Pride Worsted both of which I really like. I am open to new ideas here. I also spin so spinning fibres are more than welcome. Just getting into sock knitting too, I have plenty of Opal sock wool but adore stuff like 'Socks that Rock'.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Mainly decorative vases.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I'm self taught and knitted my first item about 30 years ago but there was a big gap before I took it up again about 3 years ago. I am a competent knitter and happy to adapt patterns and make up my own but there are still lots of techniques I haven't tried.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
At least 3! Amazon.co.uk , Amazon.com, and Amazon.fr.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
Lavender, geranium, Rose

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Is there anything more divine than Reeses's Peanut Butter Cups in all their manifestations?(Especially as they are not available here)

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin, I dye, mess around with beads and cardmaking, stained glass and sewing. Interested in anything crafty.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I am fully MP3 compliant and like a diverse range of music from Dylan to U2. Female singer-songwriters, Alanis Morissette, Dido, Shawn Colvin. Souxie, the Au Pairs, Ova, Holly Near, Laurie Anderson. Though I could probably do with some education in classical music. I enjoy talking books and the spoken word too.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Purples, reds, greens, in all their shades. Intense jewel colours of most colours except browns and pure yellow and blue. Grey and black. Quite alot of 'sludgy' colours including browns and yellows. Blues if they are 'off' (towards the purples, greens or greys). There is very little I do not like in the right combination though pastels are not a favorite.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
1 partner, no resident children. 5 much loved cats (4 black, 1 grey) and 2 Angora goats (who give me lovely mohair)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to all though ponchos I find difficult to wear.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Scarves, wraps, fingerless gloves.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A scarf, 3 pairs of fingerless gloves, a shawl and a One Skein Wonder

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Indeed I do.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Whatever suits the job best. I generally tend to use bamboo straights upto a size 8, largerger than that plastic is lighter. I have just bought a set of rosewood dpns which I have yet to try. In circulars I like addi turbos.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have just bought a swift. I have 3 ball winders none of which work and I keep thinking I will be able to cobble together one that does from the three ;)

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Hmm, mumble... more than 20 years (I am thinking of frogging it as I have lost the pattern)

18. What is your favorite holiday?
I like all holidays but Easter with its promise of spring is always nice.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
besides yarn? and spinning fibre?

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription to the 2 UK mags 'Simply Knitting' and 'Knitting' but will let them lapse when thay are due as they are uninspiring. I also subscribe to Interweave Knits (which I enjoy) and Vogue Knittting (which I am sure I would enjoy if it ever arrived). I enjoy reading inspiring magazines and would be delighted to receive back issues (even well worn ones) of interesting mags. I am currently coveting the felted clogs (knitted and crocheted) on the Stitch Diva site. I would like to try and get the short Brittany dpns in 4.5mm and 5mm for knitting gloves. I have looked fruitlessly for some short bamboo straights for modular knitting.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Having ventured into the realm of socks I want to build on that. I want to try my hand at a lace shawl. I have just done the Prudence Mapstone workshop on Bullions and have all her books so want to try something freeforem. I adore Debbie News book and want to try labyrinth and virtual knitting.22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Just starting out.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
1st April (no joke)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks
'Serena McFay'

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home