Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Finally, finally, finally!

I have finished the funky scarf for Linda and posted it off to her. I am so relieved, it was an ordeal in the end, but I do like how it turned out and when my hands have had a rest I might try and make one for myself. It is 100% cotton and my own design.

I started by crochetting a grid in chains and trebles (9 chain, 1 treble) but every now and then leaving a square gap to add a crochet flower. This was the sketch I worked from. Really professional looking - not.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I added lots of curly wurly fringes, the idea being to add leaves and flowers at the end of each. But when I had finished the basic scarf I realised that I had 90 flowers and leaves to crochet and sew on! However it was finally completed and here are the pics to prove it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 Comments:

Blogger kiki said...

totally fabulous! such a lovely design!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Oh my gosh, that is so lovely! I'm sure it will be loved.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

oh I cannot wait to get this it is stunning!!!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Papillon girl said...

really like this - looks gorgeous - especially the fringes and flowers.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

maylin, I got my scarf yesterday I love it and everything else the yarn I love opal I am making a pair of socks in the colorway 17 right now they are very pretty and I love the little bag and the cards and the inscence thank you so much!!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Saffa said...

OH MY GIDDY AUNTS!!! I have just found your blog and have to say that scarf is STUNNING!!!!!!

I wish I had the patience for knitting etc...I always start but never finish!

If you are in to cardmaking and fancy a bit of a challenege (which its seems is the case!) then have a look at this blog

www.daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

xxSaffa

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home