Thursday, October 19, 2006

Dare I show my face in public?

I am so behind with everything!
I owe a funky scarf, a pair of mittens and something angelic knitted for a one skien orphan, and I am so behind. So what is the problem? Well it is my hands they hurt so much when I crochet for more than a few minutes and stupidly I opted to crochet the funky scarf. Since that is the most overdue I have been concentrating on that but I may have to rethink. Knitting doesn't seem a problem. I have never had this problem before so I am hoping it is temporary and goes away forever - soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wye Sue said...

Good to meet you at Ally Pally.

I'd try swap between knitting and crochet, or try and hold the hook differently and see if that helps...

9:36 PM  
Blogger jlmack said...

Is it the way you're holding your hook? I'm a culinary student and sometimes the way I hold a pastry scraper makes me want to cry. But I don't have a problem with anything else.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Please be careful - I overdid it knitting a sock back in May and could hardly knit at all for two months!
I've found now that frequent breaks, stretching fingers and switching between projects (especially if they involved different size needles/yarn weights) keeps everything working OK. There are some stretches and stuff somewhere online for knitters, but I can't find the link...

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm cheering you on to finish your projects!!!
But don't forget to take a breather or two... =) hope u feel better soon

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home