Friday, August 04, 2006

Catch up Time

It feels like I have been away for ages what with trips to the UK, frying my broadband router, PMT, MT (the PMt without the P!) and then a bug, followed by general apathy. Time to say some heartfelt thanks.

Firstly to my wonderful, anonymous SP8 pal who must have sent the best parcel ever. Take a look.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Such wonderful goodies. See those patterns at the back they are the Rogue and Eris patterns I have been covetting from The Girl from Auntie. I might even already have some yarn in the stash for these (but I must finish some UFO's first, I must, I must). And the Yarn Harlot book? (yes I know you shouldn't start sentences with And...) I am already halfway through. I got 'At Knits End' for my birthday and have been enjoying dipping into it but I like this much more. At the front left there you see some Socks that Rock superwash merino in Sherbert colourway - I just love this yarn. It has spurred me on to make my first pair of socks (yes I know I need to finish some UFO's first but well.. you know how it is) of which more later. The bamboo needles are so lovely too, I knitted a guage swatch with them but unfortunately needed a smaller size for the socks (I am a loose knitter). And the cute little sheep thingy? It's a tape measure - yes really! Take a look at some close ups.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And more yarn - 4 balls of a pinky brown cotton mix, and kool aid and of course chocolate!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Some really unusual fairtrade chocolate and my all time favorite - Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Hmm. Needless to say these have long gone.

this Secret Pal certainly knows the way to my heart.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked everything! I bought myself some Socks That Rock at the same time, and it immediately climbed to the top of my stash and demanded that I make socks from them. So I'm trying my first toe-up pattern. Fun!

-SP8 "Selkie"

5:18 PM  
Blogger yarnmaniac said...

That sock yarn is to die for!! Drooling!

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home