Thursday, June 15, 2006

Time to Dye

I have done quite alot of dying for one project or another over the last couple of weeks and thought you might like to see some of the results. It has mostly been sock wool, some of which has gone off for swaps.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have gone back to using the long skein method. It may be tedious but I didn't make half as much mess as when I used a warping board (I obviously didn't tie off in enough places) but I painted the yarn anyway and I will attempt to skein it... sometime.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These are the yarns I have sent off for my swaps this month. The one in shades of blue is for my June Project Spectrum Dyed Sock Wool partner and the other is for my Dye-O-Rama swap partner.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here are some samples of them knitted up too.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Incidentally they are inside my first Kitty Pi for which I also dyed the wool. It is mostly used by Jenkins, seen here in complete abandon.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I have dyed up some more of this yarn as I have 4 more Kitty Pi's to go. I really like the rainbow one.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is the same yarn I used to make my Olympic knitting. I bought 5 Kg from ebay in white. It is not the softest or most even yarn but dyes and felts beautifully. Here is the coat I made for the Olympics it is from Noro pattern #746 from Vol #18


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here is a detail of the cable pattern. This was my first cable garment and I really enjoyed it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...and some more examples of sock yarn I have dyed.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful happy kitties, beautiful sock yarn in amazing colors, and a stunning Knitting Olympics piece! Almost too much goodness in one post! :-)

-Secret pal "Selkie"

4:51 AM  
Blogger Juliet said...

I love your sense of colour - that coat is just amazing, and to knit it for the olympics is awesome

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home