Saturday, May 13, 2006

One Skein Swap Questionnaire

Yet another questionnaire (have I spelt that right? It seems to be spelt differently every time I see it.) This time for the One Skein Swap. I feel bad that I haven't translated it into French but I am a bit pushed for time right now and my one skein spoiler needs this information :)
So here it is:

1. which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ok, lets try and answer this in the manner in which it was intended (I think). How about Colinette Point 5 in Red Parrot? This was the first yarn that tempted me to knit. It's bright and fat (that sounds loads better than gaudy and thick doesn't it?) It's not exactly what you would call subtle. It can achieve alot with very little effort ( how I wish I could!) It's warm, cosy and 100% natural. It's thick and thin giving an inconsistent texture (I'm definitely inconsistent, but hey what's wrong with that?). Results are quick (I need that). It isn't cheap. It is rather naive and childlike (I have a reputation for being gullible but I think naive sounds more endearing). It may not be unique but it is different and rather hippy. It's bursting with potential creativity.

2. what is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
Lots. Purples, pinks, reds, greens turquoise. Almost anything. I like saddened colours too (like when they are dulled a bit or have a greyish tinge but not muddy (too browny)).

3. have you ever used variegated, or magic yarns?
Oh yes.

4. do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
I like natural fibres for the feel and handle of them. I don't like things that pill and are static (silk excluded).

5. do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
No preference

6. have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
I'm interested

7. how many and what projects have you made in the last year?
A coat, fingerless gloves, endless scarves, 2 moebius cowls, lots of shawls, a poncho, felted bags, a sleeveless pullover and I've almost finished a clapoti.

8. will you be knitting any gifts this year?
Since I have little money and alot of yarn it seems like a good idea...

9. what is your favorite one skein project?
Fingerless gloves, scarves.

10. how much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it
More yarn than I have places to put it but I mostly store it in wicker baskets. I also sell Colinette yarn at local events so I have kilos and kilos of that tempting me!

11. do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
No but I have lots that hasn't found the right project yet.

12. do you knit less or differently in the summer?
No

13. do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
A local handcraft group, Droigts Agiles, which is mostly patchworkers but has knitters and crocheters too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home